Post Doctoral Research: Translational research and biomarker studies in Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative diseases.
Intitution: Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Aging
Country: Baltimore, USA
Postdoctoral Fellows (2 positions)
Descrition: The National Institute on Aging (NIA), a major research component of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), is recruiting for two postdoctoral research positions in the Human Neuroscience Unit (HNU) of the Laboratory of Neurosciences (LNS) in Baltimore, MD. The candidates will participate in translational research and biomarker studies in Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative diseases. Postdoctoral Fellows will be expected to further ongoing biomarker discovery studies and design and conduct mechanistic studies to determine the underlying biology for these biomarkers. The Laboratory is focused on Extracellular Vesicle-based research and prior experience with exosome / EV research is desirable.
What we are looking for a person with:
- a Ph.D. degree in neuroscience or related fields.
- Alternatively, M.D. or M.D./Ph.D. candidates that have completed residency training in Neurology or prior to residency training, with a demonstrated track record in neuroscience research.
- a track record in basic and translational research in Alzheimer’s disease and neurological disorders.
- experience with basic molecular biology techniques (ELISA, WB, PCR, cellular cultures, etc.)
- and an interest in the basic mechanisms of disease, the role of exosomes in disease pathogenesis and disease-modifying interventions
- Enthusiastic candidates with a solid work ethic and good scientific writing skills are strongly encouraged to apply.
What we offer:
- an outstanding training environment
- the LNS aims to create a technically diverse, dynamic and enjoyable research environment.
- salary is commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
Interested applicants should send curriculum vitae, bibliography, a statement of research interests and three letters of recommendation to:
Dimitrios Kapogiannis, M.D., Chief,
Human Neuroscience Unit, 3001 S. Hanover St., Harbor NM-531, Baltimore, MD 21225, USA.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.